Captain Curtis Swan
The Sheriff’s Office Administration Division is headed by Captain Curtis Swan. This Division manages the ‘business’ side of the Sheriff’s Office. It consists of four employees: Chief Office Deputy, District Court Coordinator, Civil Process Coordinator and Warrant Coordinator.
An Administrative Deputy attached to the Support Services Division also works closely in the office with the Administration Staff. In addition to financial and operational responsibilities, they have daily contact with members of the public in the office and by phone.
The Chief Office Deputy directly manages the accounts payable processes and other general office duties.
The District Court Coordinator:
- Manages the District Court Bond and Fine Account, traffic and misdemeanor citations, and misdemeanor arrest warrants
- Assists with receptionist duties in the Administration Offices
The Civil Process Coordinator:
- Receives, maintains, and tracks all civil processes that come to the Sheriff's Office, including Orders of Protection, Summonses, Subpoenas, Eviction Notices, and various Writs.
- Maintains felony arrest warrants from Circuit Court
- Maintains the Sheriff's Fee Account, Circuit Court Bond and Fine Account
- Makes disbursement of restitution payments to crime victims and makes monthly settlements with the Circuit Court Clerk and County Treasurer for all monies received
- Assists with receptionist and telephone operator responsibilities in the Administration Offices.
The Warrant Coordinator:
- Maintains all warrants from Circuit Court, including research on Circuit Court Cases and issuing failure to pay fine warrants
- Is responsible for making the docket for Failure to Pay Fine Court for Circuit Court
- Is responsible for the collecting, receipting and depositing monies for all Circuit Court fines
- Assists with Notice to Vacate and Protection Orders
- Maintains the website and issues press releases
District Court Coordinator