The Sheriff’s Office Administration Division is headed by Chief Deputy Billy Colvin. This Division manages the ‘business’ side of the Sheriff’s Office. It consists of three employees: Sheriff's Secretary, Civil Process Coordinator, and Warrant Coordinator.
The Sheriff's Secretary:
This position is the Sheriff's direct secretary. This position manages the accounts payable account.
The Civil Process Coordinator:
- Receives, maintains, and tracks all civil processes that come to the Sheriff's Office, including Orders of Protection, Summonses, Subpoenas, Eviction Notices, and various Writs.
- Maintains felony arrest warrants from Circuit Court
- Maintains the Sheriff's Fee Account, Circuit Court Bond and Fine Account
- Makes disbursement of restitution payments to crime victims and makes monthly settlements with the Circuit Court Clerk and County Treasurer for all monies received
- Assists with receptionist and telephone operator responsibilities in the Administration Offices.
The Warrant Coordinator:
- Maintains all warrants from Circuit Court, including research on Circuit Court Cases and issuing failure to pay fine warrants
- Is responsible for making the docket for Failure to Pay Fine Court for Circuit Court
- Is responsible for the collecting, receipting and depositing monies for all Circuit Court fines
- Assists with Notice to Vacate and Protection Order